The Eiffle Tower
Built between 1887 and 1889 by engineer Gustave Eiffle, it became the global icon of France the tower is now 121 years old.
The tower has over 300 steps that can be ascended by lits or stairs.
The tower has three levels for visitor with a restaurant on the first and second floor. The latter, called the Jules Verne, is a world-wide renoun restaurants having a one star in the Michelin Red guide.
The tower is open everyday througout the year. In summer (June to august) it is open from 9am to 12.45 pm. The rest of the year it is open from 9.30am to 11.45pm. However if the weather conditions are severe the tower wil be closed for safety reasons.
Rates differ according to age, groups and by the different level chosen.
Arc de Triomphe/Champs Elysées
The Arc deTriomphe was built from 1808 to 1835 and ordered by Napoleon. The Arc honors those who died and fought during the French Revolution.
The Arc de Triomphe stands in the middle of a round about shaped in a star therefore the name Arc de triomphe de l’étoile.
Beneaths its vault lies tombs of unkown soldiers from World War I as well as the eternel flame is lit every night.
The arch is located in the middle of the Place Charles de Gaulle, a large circular square from which no less than 12 streets emanate.
This building was ordered by Louis XIV in 1670 and was built in only 3 years. It was originally a « hotel »(known as hotel des Invalides) where injured and homeless army veterans were sheltered. In 1676 a Dôme church was built representing the king’s own private chapel. Another chapel, also known as « soldiers church » was built in 1679 for the veterans linving in the hotel.
The Musée de l’Ordre was created in remembrance of military history in the world. During Charles de Gaulle era another museum was opened called le Musée de l’Ordre de la libération in honor of th lost hereos during World War II.
The Dôme church became (l’Eglise Saint-Louis des Invalides) a place were numerous gouverners, military figures were burried and preserved such as Napoleon Ier.
Montmartre was originally a village out of Paris. When it became officially a district in Paris it bore a basilica called « la basilique du Sacré-Cœur de Montmartre » and two chruches called L’église Sain-Pierre de montmartre et Saint-Jen de montmartre. The basilica is run by the Carmelites and Benedictines.
They offer shelter to distant traverlers, or people who want or need to pray.
The Sacre-coeur is open from 6am to 11pm with masses and confessions everyday. The entrance is free.
In the neighbourhood you will find the famous Moulinn rouge and Pigalle kwnon for its night activities.
Then there is the Parc des Buttes chaumont originally a garbage site baron Hausseman transformed it into a humongous garden.